1.Your layout (skin/template) may look differently on your home computer compared to your school computer. i.e. the colors may be slightly different, patterns may disappear, symbols "built-in" in the template may not show.
2. Be sure and check the SETTINGS for the time zone when you set up your blog. DST is not the default!
3. You are welcome to comment to the various Things in this Blog Library2Play, but you are not an official player until you post in and register YOUR own blog as outlined in Thing #4. You will receive an official welcome email to know that you are registered.
4. Be sure you understand the difference between a blog address:
http://[yourcreatedportion.blogspot.com/] and a blog title found in the header on the Page Elements screen.
5. Your Id within your blog (as opposed to the blog's id) appears at the end of each of your posts. You choose it...it can be your real name, a made-up name or moniker, or even the same as your blog title.
6. You can change your blog's title; you can change your ID (who/what you are known as); you can NOT change your blog's address!
(Please try very hard not to change your Id or your blog's title for the duration of this activity. The Kickball captains will appreciate it!)
Behind the Scenes of Setting Up Your Blog PPT
My blog title is missing. How do I make it show?
1. Go to your dashboard and click on Layout.
2. If you do not have a long box that either has your title in it or the word "Header" then you need to click on Add a Page Element.
3. In Add a Page Element, select the Header. Your title may automatically show or you may need to type it thru the edit button.
I can't get my avatar into my blog.
Go into the Dashboard.
Click the Layout (used to be called template) tab.
Click on Add a Gadget. Use the picture gadget, the html form of the avatar no longer works in Blogger.
On the avatar screen, save your avatar a a jpeg file ( the most common and easiest to use picture file)
You can add any type of html code in this gadget & the gadget CAN be used more than once.
Ideas for the NEXT 23 things!
- Voice Thread
- Second Life
- Commenting on others' blog postings
- Posting results of your creative work in you blog
- PhotoStory...adding narration and posting in blog
- Alt Search Engines
- Muxtape (Library)
- slideshare - storage option
- animoto - i have an idea!
- tags/tagging - anything, but as way to find things...why delicious works!
- WoW - Women on the web
- Wikipedia (searching [Powerset] and creating or editing articles)
- embedding http://www.schoollibraryjournal.com/blog/1340000334/post/140028614.html?nid=3714
- http://mnemograph.com/ a timeline thing Joyce featured awhile back